Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tough Love

I'm afraid The Boy's in my bad books right now.

He hasn't got his final report card from last year yet. Why? Because he owes the school $73 for lost text books. They won't give him his report card or the schedule for this year until he coughs up payment. I'm not paying for it. He can take it out of the cheque that's coming his way for a gig he did a few months ago.

He came home from music camp to tell us he's lost his retainer and his watch. This is the second retainer he's lost. We replaced one last year, at $300. I'm not replacing it this year. He will need to pay for it out of his voiceover gig.

And the watch? He has no idea what happened to it. One day, it just wasn't on his wrist any more. I don't wear a watch. Does he really need one? Good thing that voiceover gig can cover the watch, if he really wants one.

This is all on top of losing his knapsack at the end of June. How can you lose a whole knapsack? And losing his toilet kit half way through our vacation. He just didn't repack everything when we left our hotel.

He claims he has no money. Yet, he just came home with the second season of Lost. He could be borrowing from his friend, counting on the cheque that's coming his way. If I choose to go pick it up.

I'm so mad right now I am not replacing anything.

No comments: