Thursday, September 07, 2006

Fat Flush

I am detoxing. That is, a friend and I are doing a fat flush program to detox and cleanse our interiors.

As I sit here drinking my last coffee for the next ten days, I am trying to get in the mood for it. My goal is simply to feel better. It's been a terrible week as I had to finally admit my addiction to the video game, Luxor. You shoot little coloured balls into a chain of balls. Each time you hit a chain of two or mores balls of the same colour, you wipe out that section. The goal is to eliminate all the chains of coloured balls until you get to the next level. Mindless, stupid and addictive. The playing interferes with my days and nights.

I've done nothing but sit, eat and play the game. My body aches, I can barely walk, I feel bloated. I am reminded of that guy in Japan who played video games for 72 hours straight then died of a heart attack. He was 27. It took all of two days to get addicted to Luxor. I've only been playing for one week.

For the next ten days, I cut out all caffeine, sugar, carbs and bad fat. I drink lots of lemon water, a ginger-carrot-apple cocktail and eat lots of vegetables, lean protein three times a day. That's what I've reduced the flush to anyway.

The flush is good for people who keep trying to lose weight but see no results, if you are tired all the time, and if you suffer from colds and allergies all the time.

So I do my shopping today and weigh in tomorrow. Who knew I had an addictive personality.

No comments: