Wednesday, November 02, 2005

On The Street Where I Live - 4

The Daily Tryst

Near the top of our street lived a young Oriental couple. I was friendly with their next door neighbour.

The years that my friend lived there, she stayed home to look after her young children. Her complaint was that almost everyday in the middle of the afternoon, she could hear the young couple next door having sex, loudly. Our street is home to mostly little semi-detached houses. My friend's is one of them. The first time she heard the sex sounds, she went outside to look around. She saw the couple through the front window, naked, groping each other, which made her run back inside quickly to stop her children from coming out to the porch. It was awkward because her children asked a few times, What's that noise? Why is someone screaming? My friend started to time her children's nap to the neighbour's daily trysts so the children wouldn't ask about the activities next door.

The sexing couple has since moved away. My friend has also moved away when their children got bigger.

No comments: