Saturday, December 24, 2005

Fish Recovery: Day 4

The Boy and I went out to dinner with neighbours last night. When we got back, the top half of Legolas' tail had fallen off at where the tail starts. I hope he was not in too much pain. That must've been why he was listing against the side of the pail, almost flopped on his side for most of yesterday. Each time I looked at him last night, he was in a different spot in the pail. Though inactive, he's moving about a bit. He sits upright in the water now. I think a small piece of fin is about to fall off as well.

This morning, his fin looks more ragged and frayed. I debated if I really should wait seven days before changing his water. There are too many rotted fin bits in there right now. Tonight, I changed his water.

I realize I've been peering into his hospital pail with trepidation every time, for fear of finding him dead in there. I administered the usual amount of medicine in the clean water (conditioned and salted, then medicated). I fear the worst for Legolas.

No comments: