Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Night Life

My mother woke up this morning, looked around and said, "Did you have a party after I went to bed?"

She goes to bed around 8 pm. She did last night anyway, having spent the whole day with her grandchildren, one of them being The Boy.

I phoned home after my meditation class last night, after she had gone to bed, and talked to The Boy. He asked me to bring home some Coke for Jock, who was spending the night, and some gingerale for him. Being mellower than usual, I said yes to everything. So I carted home a case of 8 Cokes and a case of 12 gingerales.

When I got in, a neighbour paid a visit and brought muffins. After, I left our tea cups in the kitchen sink overnight. Meanwhile, The Boy and Jock put all the pop in the fridge, deciding it was more important to have cold pop than cold milk, or cold chicken.

So what mom saw this morning was a fridge full of pop, a counter of muffins, milk and cooked chicken, a sinkful of cups, and one extra boy sleeping in in the basement. I would have thought there had been a party too.

No comments: