Sunday, March 26, 2006

Bold Personality

My friend Booklust is a cartoonist. A few years ago, she decided to be a graphic artist and enrolled in a college program. At the end of the program, she was placed in a graphic studio as a co-op student.

One day, Bro came over and told me he'd met my friend Booklust, that she had raved about my cooking. I recall him telling me she was placed in his office as a co-op student and was working there for at least six months.

A few months ago, Booklust was interviewed by Rex Murphy on CBC radio on her love of books. So I said to Bro - Remember Booklust? She's going to be on CBC.

He said - Who?

I said - My friend Booklust who worked as a co-op student in your office a few years ago.

- Don't remember.

- Here's a photo of her on her blog. When you see her picture, you'll remember. She has a bold and noisy personality.

So Bro looked at Booklust's photo and didn't remember. He went to his boss, showed him the photo and Boss said - Don't remember her.

After Booklust's interview, she provided a link to her interview. I said to Bro - Listen to her interview, you'll recognize her voice.

So Bro listened and still didn't remember. He went to his boss, got him to listen to the interview and Boss said - Don't remember.

I said to Bro at the time - You guys really are getting old, aren't you? How can you not remember someone who worked with you for at least six months?

Last night, I had dinner with Booklust. She asked after Bro. I debated whether to tell her he doesn't remember her. Another friend said - Didn't you work in his office as a co-op student?

Booklust said - No. I worked in another company in the same building as him.

I said - How did you meet him?

She said - I saw him at the elevator one day and I remember you telling me his office is in the building. He looks so much like you I decided he's got to be your Bro. So I introduced myself and asked.

Ha. No wonder Bro and his boss don't remember Booklust working in their office. Bro's only met her that one time at the elevator. They're not getting old. I'm a bad listener. Yeah, Booklust and I had a good laugh over the story. Wonder how else I can set up Bro to make him think he's losing his mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We can hatch a plan together, to send him to the Funny Farm... Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha.....