Saturday, July 15, 2006

Sizzling

Greektown has its Taste of The Danforth, the Beaches has its jazz festival, even the Junction has its own street fair. We now have Salsa on St. Clair at our doorstep.

I just got back from the festival. Throngs and throngs of people, maybe wearing thongs under their clothes, in the street. Last year, without advertising, 200,000 people came through the two day festival. This year, there was extensive advertising, and the weather is hot, hot, hot. Who knows how many people the festival will draw. Tonight, these are the things that caught my eye:

- Latino women wear alluring clothes to the street festival. Slim or heavy, young or old, these women paint the nails on their hands and feet, coif their hair, put on makeup, and wear dresses that accentuate their every curve.

- Latino women really know how to move and shake their bodies in rhythm to the music, even when they are wearing high heel open-toe shoes.

- One slender woman with Bambi lashes and fauny waves had small tatooes on her arm, small of the back, and her right big toe. She stood proud and flirtatious. I wondered whether I had a lesbian streak in me.

- One young Latino man leaned on a fence wearing a black head band. He had beautiful clear skin and angelic features. His eyes held that faraway look, with passion simmering beneath. I wondered if I would be gay if I were a man.

- Most Latino men looked tough, with rugged jaw and rough skin. A couple of them stood by a wall sucking on their cigarettes, one wearing a sleeveless shirt, the other wearing a T-shirt with rolled-up sleeves. I get the sex appeal of the macho wife beater type now.

No comments: