Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Butcher And The Duck

Stephen Harper is visiting George W. Bush to improve Canadian-American relations. cbc.ca has a backgrounder on this visit, plus a review of the relationships between Prime Minister and President of Canada-U.S. past.

I like CBC's backgrounders. They fill me in on what I've forgotten and what I never knew. But I am somewhat puzzled by the caption under the photographs of today's backgrounder.

I didn't think CBC put up opinions like this without being more specific. Who is the butcher? Which one is the duck? What's the dog meat? I don't for a minute think Harper incapable of being a butcher.

It's when CBC does things like this that they make me a fan for life.

Update:

Ah, but how quickly they change their mind. They've already revised their opinion and just inserted the leaders' names under the photographs. Oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's pretty obvious who's the Sitting Duck here, but just who are they calling Dog Meat?