Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Monkeys

It's pathetic that even with an idiot-proof digital camera, we churn out so many blurry photographs. It's even more weak that I can't download properly and managed to delete half my photographs in the process.

So today, I am going to post monkey pictures. Most of these pictures are from the Monkey Forest in Ubud.

This is the god guarding the entrance to the Monkey Forest.


You see why it's called Monkey Forest. Monkeys are everywhere.




There was a little scuffle when two monkeys tried to grab a baby from each other.


Monkeys doing monkey things.



Boy monkey.


Girl monkey.


The Man and monkey pretending to ignore each other.


A monkey not letting me ignore him.


These are the mothers and babies I met on the way to Uluwata Beach.


And finally, a man in a sarong.


A man with a monkey on his back.


What's the point of the above men? Sis' Fiance suggested that one might wear a sporran with a sarong to give it that quality of metrosexual chic. I don't know... I think one should respect the costume of a people. That's the Balinese way. The foreigner then should combine the best elements of the host culture in his dress. So what should one wear with a sarong? A monkey of course.

No comments: