Thursday, February 15, 2007

Our Nest

To tell the truth, it was very nice having my boys home on Valentine's Day. We were snowed in.

The Man worked from home, ensconced in his office all day. The Boy fell asleep again in the basement and didn't get up till the afternoon when I made him go shovel the snow. I puttered around as usual, did the laundry, and cleaned under the kitchen sink.

I know, on the surface, it couldn't have been a more mundane day. But I love days like this. I know my family is safe with me, each person doing his own thing. I like days that unfold naturally in an even pace of living. I like feeling the extraordinary in the ordinary.

In the evening, when we've all done with our work or rest, The Man and The Boy went out and brought back dinner and an orchid for me. We had pizza and wings. Then The Boy went babysitting, The Man watched Lost, and I went back to reading The Kite Runner. Ours was a very pleasant nest on Valentine's Day. Hope yours was too.

No comments: