Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Things I Do

The Boy is in exams this week. This morning, he ran off to his friend's to practise their drumming. Their band exam is tomorrow.

At 2 pm, he phoned. Neither he nor Friend has money, no one is home at Friend's, they have no instant food in the house, and they don't know how to nor do they want to cook. Not only that, but they want to have sushi at the restaurant we frequent. The restaurant is right by Friend's house so could I drive down to Friend's to give them money. This is after he closed his bedroom door and put up a sign that says "Off Limits, Mom!"

I said no, I can't come down, I am busy right now.

But these are young guys in their teen years, in need of more sleep and more mindless than the rest of the population. So I did my mom thing.

I phoned the restaurant and asked if they would take my Visa number and charge the boys' meal to it. They said yes. So that's how I fed the boys from a distance.

No comments: