Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day One On My Own

My goodness. The Man leaves and first thing I do is, I go and spend $200 on annual plants and a fiberglass urn. It's sunny and warm out and I have gardening on my mind.

While planting outside, my neighbour asked about the new car I'm driving, whether I like it. I tell her I like it fine because it's more solid than it looks, but it's a rental until Saturday. The old Volvo station wagon is still hanging over my head until I sell it or trade it in.

She thinks the little rental Cobalt is good looking and roomy. She wants to recommend it to her mother. Yes, that's what it is. The Cobalt is a little old lady car. Great for city driving and the occasional excursion on the highway. But I like that we had the conversation on a sunny afternoon while working in our gardens.

Tomorrow, I resume my workouts in the gym and go to a play. I've signed up for a pottery class. I'm keeping busy doing the things I enjoy. But it feels like I'm mourning The Man's absence.

No comments: