Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Discovery Of Squash

On the motor scooter, we become part of the gnat population, swarming in traffic, darting between cars, moving faster than cars or pedestrians.

We will be in Seminyak for at least two more days. The Man has signed up for surfing lessons. While he surfs, I will be across the street at a gym. We checked it all out today and made the arrangements.

It's been so hot, I've been yearning for lemonade. But they don't seem to serve that here, so I keep getting lemon ice tea. The good thing is, they brew the tea fresh. No powdered drink here. I know because the tea is stronger, sometimes it's still hot under the ice, and different restaurants use different teas. At the beach today, I noticed on the menu something called "squash", in lemon or orange flavour. I asked what that is. The waitress told me it's pressed lemon mixed with soda water and sugar. Shit. Is that a lemonade or what? It was delicious.

1 comment:

Sparky said...

Sylph, thanks for the updates. Great to read about your experiences afar. Spoke to the Boy yesterday and he seems to be keeping well.