Monday, December 17, 2007

The Get Rich Secret

The library just notified me I haven't returned one of their books for six months now so they are considering it lost and I owe them $27.95.

The book is called Secrets Of The Millionaire Mind. Really? I don't remember reading such a book. I certainly don't possess any such secrets of the millionaire's mind. I thought I browsed the book in the library only. I don't remember taking it out. But I must have, and that's how they traced the book to me. I borrow lots of books.

But it strikes me wrong that I have to pay for a book called Secrets Of The Millionaire Mind when I don't remember the book. It feels like I am the victim of a conspiracy, that maybe the secret to getting rich is to play with people's minds, get them to pay you for things they can't prove they didn't get from you. And if they refuse, you punish them by barring them from doing something they enjoy, like borrow books to read.

That must be the secret.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky me , I did not need that book.