Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Rural Ontario

Parts of rural Ontario really is rural. We passed by a property along the Madawaska River that is all barns and wooden houses. I thought it was a Menonite community. But on closer examination, it was just a working farm. I wondered why it didn't have the fluffed up quaintness of more touristy pioneer towns. This place was real.

Here are some of their barns.



This house is full of junk inside. Its door was open. It didn't look like anyone lived there. Yet, someone is storing firewood on the porch.


Around the corner was this pioneer church, with a copper roof on the chimney.


Here's a view of a lake where we tried to fish but caught nothing, again. I wonder what we would do if we actually caught something. I think I would probably scream in fear.

No comments: