Monday, February 13, 2006

Twilight Zone

Sometimes, I get the feeling people follow me around to make life either inconvenient or interesting for me. Take tonight for example.

On the way home, I wanted to pick up three grocery items. I didn't need them, but I like having them in the house. As I walked by our local No Frills, I noticed there were no line ups. In fact, there were very few shoppers inside. So I went in to get my items.

I was in there for no more than five minutes. I walked to the cash and lo and behold, long line ups. Where did all these people come from? The express line had over 20 people queued up. The other cashiers each had at least two carts in queue.

I weighed my options. I decided to line up behind two medium-ishly loaded carts. I figured it would take just as long if not quicker than the express lane. I waited, my turn came, I paid. I looked over to the express lane. Lo and behold, there was no one there. In fact, all the carts at all the other cashiers had also cleared by this time. There were no line ups at any of the cashiers.

I mean really, what's with that?

1 comment:

Sparky said...

Glad to see that it's not just me who seems to always choose the wrong line-up wherever I go. It could be the supermarket, Costco, Home Depot, the men's room. It's a given, I will choose the line-up that I think will be the shortest and inevitably, it will take the most time and I will still be waiting long after others have left. WTF!?!