Monday, December 22, 2008

Creation And Destruction

Last night was Winter Solstice, the longest night of the year. The hags were scheduled to sing. It's their job each year to serenade the sun and beckon it's warm return. But we hags got beaten by old man winter and his snowy and windy ways. The Festival of Lights got cancelled last minute. There were disappointed hag vibes throughout the city.

Sis and Kid2 were going to be new hags this year. They never debuted. But I loved how they came over, brought dinner, shovelled my drive, decorated my Christmas tree, and made my potted juniper into a Seuss tree.

Here's my Christmas tree this year. Every branch tells a story. There are three rooms in that tree housing a bird in each - the queen, the prince, and the baby. There is a nursery, a teddy bear row, an apple forest, a gift shop, and a candy-cane store. At the top, an angel cradles a baby unicorn who lives in a walnut shell.



Here's my potted juniper that Sis bent into a Seussian Christmas tree.


Kid1 even decorated my jasmine plant.


After they left, The Boy's friends arrived and had an impromptu party. One girl picked The Boy up on her shoulders and twirled around the room. One boy sat in a wooden chair and broke it. They put on music and sang along out loud. That's when I texted The Boy from my room asking him to keep the volume down. He texted back to say thanks for being subtle and moved the party down to the basement. I could barely ear them after that.

No comments: