Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Here I Come

The temperature was above 0C yesterday. Warm compared to recent days. But it snowed and rained. I trekked through the snow, slush and wet for over an hour hoping I'd be hit with an inspiration as to how to make better use of my time in the next few months. None came while I was out. I had hoped for a Trudeau kind of walk in the snow.

Reading at home, I came across a reference to the Toronto School of Art. When it's the right time for a good idea, it's the right time. I have been looking at the Toronto School of Art for three years now. Last night, I just said, It's time.

Today, I phoned them up and registered for a course. I was so keen I forgot to ask about the age of the student population. I hate being an old lady in a room full of younglings. I am also scared. Of what I don't know. Maybe I dread being a stereotypical art student. They have a tendency to be dipsy. Oh but I am anything but stereotypical. So right now I am not going to give in to fear and anxiety. I start painting in January!

No comments: