Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Simple

I am a simple woman. It doesn't take much to make me happy.

The Boy showed me the web site where he downloads all his favorite TV shows, movies, and music. He set me up so I could do that too. I went to the music section and downloaded all the CDs by Libera, formerly the St. Philips Boys Choir. But lo and behold, the songs all come in wma format when downloaded. That means I have to click on each song to play in my Windows Media Player. I went online and search for a solution to discover a freeware called Switch that allows me to convert wma files to mp3 files on a Mac. Now I am converting these songs and importing them into iTune to allow for sequential playing of songs. I feel like some kind of technowiz. So delicious.

I enrolled in two weeks of full time French classes starting December 8. Eeek. The woman at registration even gave me information that could see The Boy (or me!) do a homestay in Montpellier to study French in true immersion. Not in Paris, she said, Too many distractions and English speakers about. So thoghtful.

I've been cooking up a storm, preparing meals for my friend's teenage son, and for The Boy and me. I bought more barley and made my soup. I freeze our food in individual portions so The Boy can nuke them whenever he likes. Now there's homemade food in the house whenever we want. So smart.

I got The Boy a three-month membership to a gym he asked for. Surprisingly, he goes at least every second day. He meets his friend there, they work out, he comes home. Fitness was not on his list when he took the year off. This week, he's been paying attention in Biology class. He came home to tell me the best breakfasts include protein, some carbs, and no added sugar. Hallelujah, The Boy sees the light!

No comments: