Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Red Dragon No More

The Red Dragon is truly dead. We finally hauled it to our neighbour's trusted mechanic for a second opinion. It has the things wrong with it that our first mechanic identified. Plus, because it had been sitting there for so long unused, the brakes are completely rusted. It will likely cost $5,000 to $7,000 to fix.

The mechanic said if I put all the fixes in, I won't get my money back. There is no guarantee how long the fixes will last. I won't be able to sell it for more than the fixes I put in. No one will buy the car as is because the fixes are so expensive. I suppose the good thing is, he's saying pretty much the same thing as our regular mechanic.

I said no to any fixes. Except I have promised my neighbour the snow tires from the car. After that, the mechanic will have the Red Dragon towed to a car graveyard.

What does this tell you? I am probably one of those people who keep dead bodies in the attic for a long time before finally letting it go.

Good bye, good bye to my dragon that took me all over the place for so long. Good bye.

No comments: