Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Competitive Spirit

A while ago, I had a marvelous conversation with The Boy's friend, Butterfly Boy. After, I told The Boy that of all his friends, Butterfly Boy is my favourite. Since then, The Boy has made several references to Butterfly Boy being my favourite, as if he's just a little jealous and in competition with Butterfly to retain his postion as the apple of my eye. Then he and The Exchange went to his friend's cottage.

When he got back, he said, "You know how Butterfly Boy is your favourite? Well, I am now Friend's mother's favourite."

"How did that come about? Did she tell you so?"

"Yeah, she said, 'Boy, you're my favourite.' It's because I'm so helpful and I make her laugh."

I can totally see that. If he weren't my son already, he would be my favourite. But I think it's funny that he wanted to be another mom's favourite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OooH Ooooh, Can I have a favourite too?

The Boy is my favouirte nephew. Okay, I know...He's my ONLY nephew, but if I had more than one he'd still be my favourite!