Monday, April 09, 2007

Ouch

Now I've done it. I've been so obsessed with taking my blood pressure, I've gone and injured my right arm.

My arm's been feeling numb the last few days. It started with an ache in my forearm that felt like a sore muscle. The ache travels up my shoulder. Sometimes if I cough or strain, I feel a tug all the way from my shoulder, down to my arm, and down to my hip. It's an ache that dissolves into a numbness. I've stretched and rested my arm for a couple of days.

Yesterday, I took my blood pressure again. Soon as the arm band started to tighten up, my forearm started to ache, and my whole arm started to throb. The throbbing dissolved into numbness that spread down one side of my body. I took the belt off and that's how I realized my arm injury came from the blood pressure monitor.

It feels like a nerve has been damaged. From the arm band tightening on my vein and nearby nerves, I guess. What more proof do I need that the internal workings of our bodies are all connected.

No comments: