Thursday, May 25, 2006

Layering

In addition to making soccer banners, I am now making "pins" for The Boy's election campaign. He's running for V.P. of the student council for next year. They are actually cardboard medallions hung on a piece of bright yarn. He's handing them out to everyone at school to wear. Did I come up with a winning idea or what.

The gardening is an endless job. I trimmed the cedars today with a buzz saw. I can't quite reach to hack the tops of the trees off. They have grown wild and woolly, compete for sun with the crabapple and maple trees. Stupid trees all of them, surely the weeds of the tree family. I am considering an extension to our shed. Maybe a second floor of sorts. So I went to look at lumber today. I think I can do it. It's a question of whether I have time before The Man comes back. He will object for sure. So build an extension or buy a plastic storage bin?

Our cousin Kiki is coming to town at the end of the month. Our cousin. She's actually The Man's cousin from Australia. But he's not here. So she's my cousin now. It's weird. I feel like she's coming home. I'm making The Boy clean his room so she can sleep in there. The Boy has been occupying the basement for two months now so he won't feel inconvenienced. In fact, this gives him a legitimate reason to not sleep in his room.

Despite these goings on, nothing could stop me from joining Taximan, Bro Bro and The Assistant for pho today. I brought my own pho trough. But it is too big! I am still so full I cannot eat dinner. But I feel a need to eat fruit and drink tea, so as to rebalance the flow of energy in my body or something.

And now, I need to meditate.

No comments: