Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Looks Good Out

Last fall, I bought four plants to put in the ground. Something about fall planting that promotes the growth of the yew, holly and cedar bushes. But I got distracted and never planted them. Good thing we had a mild winter. The plants survived and I plunked them in the garden today.

I put the cedar in the corner of our front yard where a particular neighbour likes to leave his garbage when he cleans out his car. Things like coffee cups, cigarette ash, chicken bones, burger wrappers. I've seen him do it from inside the house. Now that I've filled that corner with a plant, I wonder if he'll still leave his garbage there. I don't think he got the message when the last time I saw him leave his garbage then went into his house, I ran out, picked up the garbage, and put it on top his car. To make sure the garbage didn't get blown away, I put a rock on top of the garbage to keep it in place.

I planted the yew beside the house, in front of the air conditioner. I am hoping the little bush will grow tall to obstruct view of the air conditioning unit from the street.

I planted the two hollies in front of the house, belolw the front window. I want them to grow berries in the winter so we get a natural Christmasy look.

Yes, spring is here! Onto the garden centre later this week. Damn the bout of depression I had this week.

No comments: