Monday, September 29, 2008

Don't Talk To Strangers

At the post office this afternoon, I swore under my breath because I had forgotten to bring the address of where I wanted to send my parcel. An older woman beside me heard me. She said, "It's always difficult. No matter how much time you have, things are difficult."

I nodded at her.

She continued, "I have three years left. Then it will be over for me."

I couldn't resist. "How do you know you have three years?" I asked.

"I received messages."

"Who sent you the messages?"

"I have seen Jesus our Lord."

"He said you have three years?"

"Yes. That's when the Antichrist will come. He is very good looking and rich. Women will follow him like he's the piped piper. They've already changed to the Euro in Europe. The whole world will be using one currency. It'll be easier for the Antichrist to take over when we have just one currency. He will rule for seven years."

"Where will the Antichrist come from?"

"All over. He will come from all over."

"Well, you better be careful then."

I had no idea why I asked the woman questions. And she looked so normal otherwise. I am going to stop talking to strangers because I think I am sounding crazy just talking to them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I took part in something similar:

Wannabe rap superstar: Yo, wanna buy this CD?

Middle aged white guy: What are the beats like?

Wannabe rap superstar: (silence)

Middle aged white guy: Are they like (starts beat-boxing)?

Wannabe rap superstar: No. (leaves)