Monday, August 18, 2008

We're Going That Way

It's a consensus. Everyone thinks I'm a bad driver. Just because I cut curb corners, miss exit signs, can't see road markings, and jerk the car. No guts these whiners. The way they gotta look at it is, every drive with me is an adventure. Hell, life with me is an adventure.

So it is with this spirit of adventure that I go to Europe tomorrow. I have not planned out what to see and do in Paris and London. In fact, I have no idea what we will be doing in Europe or even why we are going. But the flights have been bought and accommodations have been made.

I am just going to wake up each day and see where my nose leads me. What's wrong with a trip of discovery and simply soaking in the atmosphere of the cities? It's not like I've never been to Paris and London. It's not like I've never travelled. In fact, based on experience, I know that things will work out the way they will whether you plan them or not.

It's off to Paris then with me, The Boy, The Exchange, and Butterfly Boy. So much budding testosterone around me. We will meet The Man there. So help me, if any of them complain about anything, I'm ditching them and travelling by myself.

But first, I have to pack and print off the e-tickets. We don't need a visa for the U.K. and France, right? Nah, we don't. I hope. Where's my camera?

No comments: