Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Realization

I went to the Musee D'Orsay today. Loved it. Loved everything about it - from the building to how the art work is arranged to the art work itself to being there with The Man.

We went for a sandwich at a cafe beside the museum. Eating that sandwich, I remembered this: Years ago when I was in Paris, I often ate the ham sandwich that I ate this afternoon. Back then, I ate that because it was one of the few things I could afford to buy at a cafe. It always surprised me how good that ham and butter on baguette was. But I was in Paris then with someone I didn't like much. I remember wishing then I could be in Paris with someone else. Someone more like The Man.

So eating that sandwich today, I realized that's who I am in Paris with right now.

Which made me think a lot of my wishes actually come true. It's just that sometimes I have to be splat in the face with the moment before I realize what I have.

I hate this French keyboard at the cyber cafe.

No comments: