Saturday, June 14, 2008

Lightning Struck

Literally. Last night, the rain pelted, thunder crashed, and lightning lit up the night sky several times. My simple mind said, At least the new plants I put in will get a good soaking.

Late night, my 26-year-old neighbour came over in the rain and knocked on my door. He said, "Is your cable out?"

"We don't have cable."

"You're on satellite?"

"No. We killed cable years ago and never replaced it."

"Oh, I thought you had cable so I came to tell you our cable is out and I've called the cable company. They'll come fix it tomorrow. The cable wire is down. I don't know if it's live or not so don't go into your backyard."

"Huh?"

"You know the lightning that's been going on? It hit one of our tree branches. The branch fell and took the cable wire down. We can't see much out there now, but I bet we'll have to fix the fence."

We poked around outside in the dark trying to see the damage. There was just a blurry of leaves where there shouldn't be. This morning, I went outside to take another look. This is what I saw.

Where lightning hit.


My garden on the hill is under cover!

No comments: