Sunday, May 08, 2005

Public toilets

I often wonder how public toilets get so filthy. Is it just overuse by many people? Is it a few people who make it messy?

I noticed recently in a woman's washroom that the toilet seat was splashed wet. Assuming the flush had splashed water all over the seat, I wiped dry the seat with toilet paper before using it. But when I flushed after my use, the whirling water did not over splashed onto the seat.

Another time, I noticed a seat with sole marks on it. Obviously, someone's been crouching on the seat to do their business.

So these women who crouch and splash on the seat...they do this because they think the toilet is dirty and don't want their bums to touch the seat? But if they object to dirty washrooms, why aren't they cleaning up properly after their use? They, in fact, are the perpetrators of the dirty washrooms they object to. What's with these people?

No comments: